On its own I'd consider the Etsy sales to be relatively modest. Had I pushed myself to make more visits to Tech Shop (where I cut the wooden ornaments) I might have made more online sales, but I wasn't overly motivated to keep the snowflakes stocked after I sold them all to a local boutique. The goal was to sell, and that's what I did!
A friend I've made in the last year owns a beautiful boutique in the vibrant business district of Sewickley, PA. Her store, Lex and Lynne, opened in 2011, and she now has a total of three stores in two buildings on the main drag in Sewickley. Anyway, she bought all my stock and I didn't try very hard to replenish the Etsy store. That was totally on me. I felt like I had done what I intended to do, and now I'm ready to move onto new projects.
The first new project is creating drawings that I plan to make digital copies of and sell as prints both locally and on Etsy. Here's a portrait of a fawn I'm currently working on.
This is the gingerbread house I made over the weekend. I had made a big old batch of gingerbread cookie dough out of A BOXED MIX. I know. Anyway, I "sampled" the dough and it didn't taste very good for cookies, so I made a house. Bc that's how we do. This isn't a tutorial, obviously, but I will tell you if you want to make a house like this, double the cookie baking time so you have nice, crusty walls. Also, the royal icing is four egg whites and a lot of powdered sugar. I used this recipe and completely skipped the cream of tartar. My icing turned out great - very firm after drying. It could probably hold a coffee cup on the underside of a table.





No comments :
Post a Comment