Reasons I've gathered for somebody to go No Poo:
- you have a hair or scalp abnormality you are trying to fix (me)
- you prefer to use less chemicals on your body (sort of me)
- you want to save money on shampoo and conditioner (hey, I'm in)
- you like a challenge (sure)
- its trendy (okay)
- your friends are doing it (soon to be you -- jk)
Here's more info on going no poo. This is my entire resource on the matter!
So basically I just need to get some baking soda and apple cider and mix them with water in the following ratios (from the link above):
Two more things:
- The greasy transition stage is apparently different for everyone. Some people might have no problem, but if your hair is usually greasy after a day you might have a more difficult time adapting to the absence of shampoo. I am going to try it, and as long as the greasy look doesn't get too awful I will try to push through.
- As I understand it, the baking soda and vinegar mixes are meant to just get you through the initial stages of going no poo. I don't think they are a "forever" shampoo and conditioner replacement, but I don't see why you couldn't keep using them. You don't have to be a hero unless you want to be.
I'll let you know how long I last!





No comments :
Post a Comment