icons

Monday, January 2, 2017

2016 Travel Goals

Last year around this time I decided to travel to a new place every month for the whole year. I wanted to write about it LAST January, when I first stole this brilliant plan from a guy I went on 1.5 dates with, but I didn't; because 2016 was not the year of motivation for this princess.

Lucky for you, 2017 is.



As 2015 was rolling to a close and I was stumbling around in the dark of winter with a certain pathetic desperation to find something to do with myself, I moved out of my parents house. This was my first attempt to shake things up a bit. Turns out, moving out wasn't so much of an adventure as it was a necessity. Anywho, I'm glad I was locked into a lease, because Plan B was to quit my job and move to a different state.... I chose to travel instead.

Did I complete my goal of travelling to a new place every month? Not really. Some of the places I went were not new to me. Some of them were not that far from home. Some months I skipped travel altogether, BUT I still feel like I had an amazing year of exploration; and as a bonus, I actually fulfilled a lot of old "I'll visit you" promises.

So here is 2016's travel lineup:

January - Philadelphia, PA and Washington, DC
February - Buffalo, NY and Niagara Falls, Ontario
March - Dallas, TX
June - Miami and Key West, FL
July - No travel, too many pool parties
August - No travel, no excuse
September - Denver, Carbondale, Aspen, Breckenridge, CO and New York City, NY
October - Nashville, TN
November - No travel, needa down payment
December - No travel, BOUGHT A HOUSE

And here is 2016's road trip playlist:

No comments :

Post a Comment