icons

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Really Important News - I'm Growing My Hair Out

Three or four years ago my hair was about 15 inches long from the nape of my neck.


Then I pulled a Britney and cut it all off because I was feeling out of control of my own life.


It's been short ever since!



I operate under a lot of "rules" - too many rules. When I had long hair the rule was that short hair would invariably make my face look fat(er). Then I cut all my hair off and the rule was that my hair type just isn't right for long hair - "it's not doing anything for you." I don't know how many times I have to re-learn to stop putting myself into tiny boxes, but here I am learning it again. Enough rules. Just stopit.

So, recently I've been feeling like I've missed out on a lot of the cool hair trends of the Pinterest age. Maybe I'm noticing because I have short hair and feel left out, or maybe there has been a true surge of hair trends and styles because of the arrival of Pinterest (right around the time I cut my hair). Either way...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
... I'm ready to try some TUTORIAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLSSSS!!!


It will take a while for the shorter hairs on the back of my head to be able to reach far enough for some of these cool hair trends, so in the meantime.....

Here are all the long hair trends I've missed in the last four years:


Top Knot:

 

My bf Kira (rocking a top knot) and I (left)   -   My sister with a puppy and a top knot (right)

Sock Bun:



Ombré:


My love, Allison with awesome Ombré hair and her BF, Ron.

Lots of Overnight Curls:


Cool Braided Updos:



Basically all of Pinterest




No comments :

Post a Comment