icons

Monday, January 12, 2015

Three Weeks is Too Long!

Hey! So I just checked, and it's been almost three weeks since my last post. You could say I really enjoyed my time off from work. Does it feel like two weeks since we've talked? It's felt like longer to me.

Even with how long it's been, I don't actually have a lot of maker-stuff to report. Actually, that's a lie. I made FOUR pies for Christmas, but I'll tell you about those later.

What I really want to talk about is how things are changing for me. Do you remember when I said that I like this blog because I can write about whatever I want? Basically it's an "anything blog" and I designed it that way because I knew at any moment my direction could, and would, change. I'm done with making (and the Etsy store) for a little while. Maybe it's for a few weeks or a month or even a few months (doubtful), but it's definitely for now.

What does that mean for The Hungry Hobbyist? Well, nothing. It really means not much will change except for the general content might be less tutorial-y and more of a narrative... although a lot of the content has been narrative already. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything? I'm just trying to be honest with you.

SO, what did I do with two blissful weeks off? Well, I got a lot of video game playing done. I caught up on my sleep, and cleaned my 7-year-old Ugg boots. I made the pies for Christmas. I spent time with my family. I spent a lot of time in pajamas, and I got the teeny tiny first steps of a homemade pottery wheel project started. You'll definitely hear about the pottery wheel thing later. Maybe there will be tutorials.


I also realized in the last 6 months that I've gained a lot of weight and was feeling kind of crappy about it. The pictures above (left: before, right: after) say it all. We took a Christmas picture of the family and the entire time I was trying to hold my head in such a way that I only had one chin. It was exhausting checking each photo to make sure my face didn't look fat. You can't suck in your whole face at once, that I know of, so I guess it's time for a change. Also, I did a lot of lounging, which is totally fine (and well deserved IMO). Lounging is for the gods. And me. Lounging is for me and the gods. Except this lounging felt a little less like godliness and more like... pudding. Maybe it's all the pies I've been making. Maybe its the brewery tours. Maybe it's lovers' bliss. It's probably all of those things plus the fact that I've only gone running three times since my half marathon in OCTOBER. Aka, no exercise, all busy all the time with Etsy stuff, and eating like a fool. So here's what I'm gonna do and what I'm not gonna do:

I'm not going to go into a huge plug for the exercise/eating system I'm using, but I have no problem telling you I'm doing a Beach Body program called 21 Day Fix and my coach's name is Kira Mostoller. In a nutshell, the fix is a three week thing of healthy eating and regular exercise. Revolutionary, really.

I have some high hopes for this plan, I'll tell ya, because I've seen success and failure many times in this realm, and I know what a good start looks like when I see one. I'm off to a good start y'all.

Stick around. I'll be giving you all the dirty deets of my beach body experience and I'll let you know what works and what doesn't. I'll also tell you how I made a pottery wheel from other people's trash.






No comments :

Post a Comment