icons

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Winging It

On Saturday I am running my first half marathon. The furthest I've run is 10 miles; and you might know this, but any runner will tell you "if you can run 10, you can run 13." I skipped my 11 because I got burned out; and I basically skipped every run since my 10, except for a few, because I got burned out. Also, I'm sort of lazy. One thing I have never said is "I love running", because I don't.

This is what I look like when I'm running.
You're welcome.
So what about the 13 miles I paid 50 dollars to run? Well, I am just going to wing it. I told my best running buddy, Beckey, that "I'm just going to be zen about it." Sometimes I crack myself up. You know, I'm going to show up in my comfiest running shorts that don't fall down in the front, wear my most supportive shoes (and socks), get a lot of sleep between now and Saturday morning, drink a ton of water, make sure I do a number 2 before the race, and just basically try to hit that exact spot of "everything about me feels right" before I cross that starting line. Easy enough right? I'm going to go ahead and say that the answer to that question is probably. And probably is about all I think I need.

After the race I'm taking a nap and going to a party, so even if the race sucks, ya know... whatever. 

Wish me luck.


 

No comments :

Post a Comment